LinkedIn has come a far way from where it started. It isn’t a platform for professionals seeking jobs anymore. The social media platform has grown into a powerful marketing tool for small businesses who look at it as a way to boost their growth.
LinkedIn allows you to make connections with decision-makers and as well as helps you generate highly convertible leads by establishing partnerships. If I was ever to choose one social media platform for marketing my business, I would leave behind Facebook, Twitter, YouTube for LinkedIn.
The best thing about this social media platform as a marketing tool is that it allows you to have direct access to consumers. It makes it easier for you to reach your targeted audience with laser-focused demographics through typical status updates, images, and other posts you upload.
The Marketing Power of LinkedIn
To give you an idea of how powerful LinkedIn is as a marketing platform, here are some eye-opening statistics.
- LinkedIn now has over 610 million members
- The site has over 303 million active users of which 40% visit the site daily
- Over 63 million decision-makers and 90 million senior influencers use the platform
- 92% of individuals from the Fortune 500 and INC 5000 Fastest-Growing companies also use LinkedIn
- At least 92% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as their main marketing channel on the internet
- LinkedIn is actually responsible for more than 80% of B2B leads from all across social media
- More than 87% of millennials are on LinkedIn
- 78% of all B2B marketers agree that LinkedIn is the most effective social media channel for content marketing
- The social media platform’s visitor-to-lead conversion rate is a whopping 2.74% whereas Facebook only stands at 0.77%
- 89% of B2B marketers make sure to include LinkedIn in all of their digital marketing efforts
- LinkedIn is proven to generate leads for 62% of B2B marketers who have used the platform
- LinkedIn makes up 80% of the B2B leads from across social media
- 52% of B2B marketers believe LinkedIn ads deliver the best value compared to other social media channels
LinkedIn has gradually become one of the most popular social media platforms for B2B marketers due to the fact that it is an excellent source for high-quality content as well as an efficient platform for finding and converting leads. You too can leverage this by making LinkedIn an important part of your digital marketing efforts.
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Read Also: Top 10 Social Media Marketing Tools Every Marketer Should Try (Free + Paid)[/box]
How to Use Linkedin for Your Success
In 2019, you’ll hear a lot of people talk about the power of Facebook ads, but if you look closely, the LinkedIn ad platform is actually more powerful than any other social media ad platform. Why? Because of the demographic LinkedIn is made up of which is mostly decision-makers.
If you haven’t started using this site to market your business yet, then it is high time you start looking at it as a platform to step up your game. There are many ways you can market your business on the internet, but if it is LinkedIn, then you should follow these tips to take your marketing potential to the next level.
Make Sure Your Profile is 100% Complete
Your profile on LinkedIn is everything about your business and personality. Never leave your profile incomplete because when someone does a search for your name to learn about your product or service, then ideally you should provide them with complete info. Anything lacking in your profile basically means losing leads.
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Read Also: 4 Common Roadblocks in Social Media Marketing and It’s Solution[/box]
Make Sure To Connect With Everyone
You may have heard people telling you to connect with only individuals or businesses you trust or already know about. How can you expect to increase your professional network if you just stick to a few individuals or select companies? There are 601 million members on LinkedIn, everyone is a potential lead.
In simple words, get connected with as many people or businesses as you can, especially with those who are in your industry or related industry.
Create Call To Actions On Your Profile
Just letting others know that you have a website isn’t going to cut it out for your marketing efforts. Make sure to create a compelling and attention-grabbing call to actions directly on your profile so that when someone sees it, they are actually compelled to visit your website.
Giving and helping others to succeed is a road to self-success. The more you give, the more you’ll get, that is the law of networking. Recommend others to increase your social standing on their profile. You’ll start receiving back from the community.
Join Groups In Your Industry
LinkedIn groups are very powerful tools for increasing your network as well as finding new leads. There are many benefits to joining targeted groups. Many of the groups have more than 10,000 members who actively discuss opportunities with each other. Make sure you are part of the discussion.
Advanced Tactics for LinkedIn Lead Generation
To help you make the best use of LinkedIn as a marketing platform, we have included advanced marketing tactics below to help find you, new customers, get new contacts and grow your business.
- Always stay on your customer’s radars
- Make sure to look for highly targetted customers and connections within the platform. They can usually be found through joining groups or by recommending people.
- Make an email marketing list and invite people to become a part of it on LinkedIn
- Never underestimate the power of sponsored updates. Use them frequently and wisely to grow your business.
- Always aim to post high-quality content. Individuals on LinkedIn love reading things that provide value.
- Make sure all of your company’s employees are on LinkedIn and are connected with your business. The more you tell about your employee’s stories, the more people will take an interest in your business.
LinkedIn provides you with plenty of opportunities to grow your business. Unfortunately, if you’re not careful with this platform, the opposite can happen. Use the tips and techniques mentioned in this post to maximize your business’s reach and grow rapidly.